Lumino The Dentists
As a State New Zealand Ocean Swimmer, you value and strive for a healthy lifestyle. Having a healthy smile is part of that package, and that’s where we come in. Lumino The Dentists is proud to be associated with The State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series 2013-14 season.
Lumino is offering all Ocean Swim Competitors the following:
- Half price new patient exam and x-rays*
- 10% off any treatment you may need*
*For conditions please visit www.lumino.co.nz/oceanswim
Why choose Lumino?
- Mates rates! (See above)
- 18 months no payments & no interest on all dental treatments over $300* OR 6 months interest free if you use your Ocean Swim 10% Discount*
- Practices nationwide to chose from
- Extended hours: Most practices have a late night, and some are open Saturdays
- Scott Rice, Ocean Swim Event Organiser has been a long time patient of Lumino, so ask him!
- We are proud to be supporting KidsCan and have provided toothbrushes and toothpaste kits to thousands of children in low decile schools throughout New Zealand. Also together with KidsCan, we held Lumino day in May giving almost $130,000 worth of free dental treatments to adult family members of children at participating KidsCan schools.
*Q Card lending criteria, fees, terms and conditions apply.
The Lumino the Dentists ‘Photo Booth’ and ‘Winning Smile’ Competition
Lumino the Dentists is proud to bring the Lumino Photo Booth to all State NZ Ocean Swim Series events this season dispensing free photos to all swimmers and supporters. So before or after you swim, line up at the booth, put a smile on your dial and get yourself a snap shot of your fun day. The best smile (judged by the team at Lumino) will be the announced the Lumino ‘Winning Smile’ winner for each of the six events.
The winner of the Lumino Winning Smile competition at each event will win a canvas print of their winning photo and a Oral B Professional Care electric toothbrush twin pack valued at $220
CHECK OUT THE LATEST PHOTOS: To view the Lumino Winning Smile winner and all of the Lumino Photo Booth photos from the State La Grande Swim 2014 visit this webpage at the Lumino the Dentists website.
Check back at this page after each event to see who the lucky winner was and view all photo booth photos
Fun dental tips/facts for you sporty people!
- Regular dental cleanings can help prevent heart attacks
- You should floss as often as you change your socks
- Change your toothbrush every season
- The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That’s enough saliva to fill 2 swimming pools!
- You consume about 26 calories in one minute kiss
- Each year, the 20th of September is an official holiday in China; this day is called “Love your teeth” day. How about a “Love your smile” day?
- Most people prefer to use blue toothbrushes than the racy red ones!
Lumino’s star athlete: Luke Simpson
Luke has been a dentist at Lumino City Dental Tauranga since November 2009 after earlier working in Hamilton, Auckland and the UK.
As a schoolboy, Luke became interested in triathlons and competed regularly. Since school, the races and training have been rather more sporadic with Luke becoming interested in Skiing, Snowboarding and Mountain biking.
Luke was called in as a replacement swimmer for a team triathlon in January. This went better than expected so when Lumino became involved with the State New Zealand Ocean Swim, Luke was happy to accept the challenge.