Lumino The Dentists
- Half price new patient exam and x-rays*
- 10% off any treatment you may need*
*For conditions please visit www.lumino.co.nz/oceanswim
Why choose Lumino?
- Mates rates! (See above)
- 18 months no payments & no interest on all dental treatments over $300* OR 6 months interest free if you use your Ocean Swim 10% Discount*
- Practices nationwide to chose from
- Extended hours: Most practices have a late night, and some are open Saturdays
- Scott Rice, Ocean Swim Event Organiser has been a long time patient of Lumino, so ask him!
- We now support KidsCan, and this year we will be providing toothbrushes and toothpaste kits to thousands of children in low decile schools throughout New Zealand.
*Q Card lending criteria, fees, terms and conditions apply.
Fun dental tips/facts for you sporty people!
- Regular dental cleanings can help prevent heart attacks
- You should floss as often as you change your socks
- Change your toothbrush every season
- The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That’s enough saliva to fill 2 swimming pools!
- You consume about 26 calories in one minute kiss
- Each year, the 20th of September is an official holiday in China; this day is called “Love your teeth” day. How about a “Love your smile” day?
- Most people prefer to use blue toothbrushes than the racy red ones!
Lumino Team members that are currently training for NZ State Ocean Swim:
Kim Begbie, Hygienist (Smile by Design, Whangarei)
A hygienist with over 10 years of experience, you know you’re in capable hands when you have an appointment with Kim. As well as being passionate about maintaining high standards of patient care and clinical standards, Kim is also passionate about keeping fit and healthy. Kim’s goals for the year are the Kerikeri Half Marathon, and Russell to Paihia ocean swim. The Russell to Paihia swim will be her first ocean swim. She is currently running and training three times per week and has one night with a Masters group.
Leigh Ruddock, Dental Assistant (Whangarei)
Leigh has had a long association with Lumino The Dentists Whangarei as a Dental Assistant over the years and is currently back working on a casual basis. Leigh competed in the very first Russell to Paihia crossing and is determined to improve her time. She is also currently training for the Whangarei Marathon held in September – this will be Leigh’s tenth Marathon – needless to say she is passionate about fitness/training/competing.
Denise Crane, Practice Manager, KeriKeri
Denise also has a long association with Keri Dental Care, Lumino The Dentists, Kerikeri as a Practice Manager. Denise’s children Keegan and Kellie have entered the Paihia Ocean Swim in the past as part of their fitness training and for their love of swimming in the sea. Both children are now old enough to now take part in the next stage, the “Give It A Go 300m” event and they can’t wait!