Surf Life Saving New Zealand
Surf Life Saving creates a safer environment on many of New Zealand’s favourite beaches through patrols, education and training.
With around 17,000 members and 73 clubs nationwide, Surf Life Saving is an active part of local communities and has been an iconic presence at New Zealand’s beaches for over 100 years.
Last season, surf lifeguards spent 211,978 hours patrolling around 80 beaches, rescuing 1,645 people. While you were out enjoying summer, they gave theirs up to keep you and your family safe in the water. But as a charity organisation, we rely on the generosity of the public to help keep our red and yellow flags flying.
Summer is not far away and we want it to be a safe one. Please swim between the flags, always keep an eye on children and watch out for rips. For more information on water safety visit the Surf Lifesaving NZ website.
Want to swim one or more events for FREE?
It’s easy – just enter a State New Zealand Ocean Swim event in the 2013-14 season (or purchase a 3, 4, 5 or 6 event Series Pass), set up your own fundraising page, raise one of the following amounts of money or more for Surf Life Saving New Zealand, and your entry fee will be refunded IN FULL!
Not only will you get to swim one or more of our great events for free, but you’ll know your fundraising efforts are going to support the lifeguards who are out on the swim course, supporting you!
To swim for free you must:
Individual event entry: RAISE $250 or more and get your entry fee refunded in full (up to $69.50)
3, 4, 5 or 6 Series Passes: RAISE $500 or more and get your Series Pass refunded in full (up to $228.00)
It’s simple to register and begin fundraising. Just follow the easy steps below and you’ll be ready to begin fundraising in minutes. Then spread the word by sending a donation link to your friends, colleagues or family (you can even post a link to donate on your Facebook page) and watch your fundraising tally grow!
The 7-easy steps to setting up your fundraising page:
1. Choose from one of the below individual events or a Series Pass Fundraising page
Harbour Crossing individual entry
Bay of Islands Classic individual entry
Capital Classic individual entry
La Grande Swim individual entry
Sand to Surf individual entry
King of the Bays individual entry
Series Pass multiple entries
2. The event page will load on fundraising website, givealittle.co.nz.
3. Click the ‘Fundraise’ button near the top right hand corner of the page
4. You will be prompted to enter your email and password. If you are not already registered with givealittle.co.nz you will need to register for an account – click ‘Register Now’.
5. Once registered, you will be asked to register as a ‘Charity Champion’
6. Select this option and you will be instructed to complete some relevant details to appear on your personal fundraising page. This is the detail people will read when visiting your page with the intent to donate.
7. Once you have completed this registration you are ready to begin raising money for Surf Life Saving New Zealand!
The donations made to your page will be automatically sent to Surf Life Saving New Zealand. To get helpful tips on how to successfully fundraise by utilising facebook etc. CLICK HERE
Once you have raised either $250 (for an individual entry) or $500 (for a Series Pass) email us email@example.com and we will verify and then refund your entry fee – IN FULL. Awesome!