Wetsuits are fantastic for ocean swimming; they help with warmth so you can swim in the sea outside of the main summer months. They provide buoyancy which means they help you float and help you use less energy in the water which will in turn help you swim for longer but by no means are they compulsory or a must have to swim in the events.
If you have been training in the pool or sea in your togs and are interested in knowing more about swimming in a wetsuit then read on… here is the need to know information on wetsuits.
- A good wetsuit will allow full range of motion in the shoulders, chest, and legs while providing maximum buoyancy. When you float higher in the water, you will go faster and save energy
- Swimming wetsuits and Surf wetsuits are completely different and which you decide to wear in your event can make a difference to your swim result and experience. Swimming wetsuits are thinner in some areas like shoulders and knees so are more flexible and easier to move in whereas surf wetsuits are designed to keep you warm so are thicker therefore making it harder to move and often are too buoyant to help you swim effectively
- Wetsuits should not be loose, they should be quite tight and are often a work out just to get on, you can visit your local blueseventy dealer to get a fitting or measured for the right suit
- It is important that you practise swimming in the sea in your wetsuit as much as you can before event day, this will help you adjust to the different feeling of swimming in a wetsuit and help you feel more confident and relaxed before your swim
- Body glide lube is very useful for areas prone to rubbing like your neck and shoulders
SPECIAL – 25% off blueseventy Wetsuits
This season blueseventy are exclusively offering all State NZ Ocean Swim Series participants 25% off the recommended retail price of all of their wetsuits. To redeem this fantastic offer simply visit the blueseventy staff onsite at State NZ Ocean Swim Series events this season. There is limited stock at this price so don’t delay your purchase.
Use the promotional code: blueseventy25off at our the State NZ Ocean Swim Series Store
You can also visit blueseventy.com for more information on their wetsuit range.
Wetsuits can be hired for the day of the State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series events by contacting Jason at Triathletes Corner firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 09 575 8626. You can also visit their website www.triathletescorner.co.nz